The California Forest Pest Council, founded in 1951 is comprised of private and public forest managers, entomologists, pathologists and others interested in the protection of forests from damage caused by animals, insects, pathogens and weeds.
Our objectives are to:
- Coordinate the detection, reporting and compilation of pest damage.
- Evaluate pest conditions in California forests.
- Make recommendations on pest control to forest management and protection agencies and forest landowners.
- Review policy, legal and research aspects of forest pest management and submit recommendations to appropriate authorities.
- Foster education concerning forest pests and forest health.
The council serves as advisors to the CA State Board of Forestry for forest health protection matters and is a participating member of the Western Forest Pest Committee of the Western Forestry and Conservation Association.
The CFPC is a 501(c)3 non-profit, public benefit corporation.
Tax-ID 94-3248514. CFPC By Laws.
CFPC is made up of several working committees that focus on various areas of scientific interest. The council is also involved with a number of special task forces that focus on special forest pest issues.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-33350429-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);